Thursday, August 19, 2004

Rublog and it's fun

So the drawback. UsingRubLog.rdoc isn't included in the gem. So imagine my suprise when I got the ruby_servlet.rb up and running (using
ruby -I/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rublog-0.8.0 rublog_servlet.rb
) and it wouldn't show a new page. Nothing. Nada. Zip. The Big Nought. Well, it showed the sidebar and a search box. Which was cool. But I had read that the UsingRubLog.rdoc was integral to an understanding of the package [ie it had more to show and talk about, like a man page].

Turns out rublog requires a data directory in whatever you run it as [so I mkdir'ed a dir code/Rublog and in there mkdir'ed data/Rublog/]. From there I went here and downloaded the rdoc. Put it in, started up the webrick server and it just ran. Got a really nice picture and a rendered page. Too cool.

No comments: